Sunday, November 14, 2010

Umbrellas made in Canada don't really cut it

One day about a week ago, the rain and I became less friendly.  Normally, I love the rain!  But when it single handedly destroys my hair (which I happened to actually do that day which is rare) and my umbrella in one fell swoop, I was definitely not feeling the love.  Here's how it went:
  1. Put jacket and shoes on
  2. Think to myself, "Boy, it sounds like the wind has picked up out there.  Hmmm...I'm sure it's fine.  Hey, maybe I'll try out my umbrella!"
  3. Open door
  4. Open umbrella and step outside
  5. Bye bye umbrella! (see cause and results visual below, the whole process took about 5 seconds...I'm sure anyone watching had a pretty good laugh!)

5 comments:

  1. Now that is definitely worth posting! Ha! Ha! Ha! You look like a scene out of a movie. I always wondered if that sort of thing happens in real life where the wind kicks the butt out of someone's umbrella! Looks like it does!!! I LOVE the re-play! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...Is that the telescoping umbrella your dad gave you the day you left? ...oops guess the Irish rain told it where to go! hey, cute shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told you the umbrella was no good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your mom's post!!! That is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MADE in Canada, or just purchased there? Looks like it was made in China to me.

    ReplyDelete