Monday, November 22, 2010

Alone on the Ring

Today dawned bright and sunny, not super common here in Ireland, and I was especially thankful because I planned to head out to Caharciveen, a little town on the Ring of Kerry.  Now, I know what you're thinking...why was sun so important and what is the Ring of Kerry?  Well, the ring is probably the most popular scenic drive in Ireland; it forms a big circle when you complete the whole drive and it's in county Kerry.  And in order to get the best views and enjoy the scenery, sunshine was essential.  Plus, I planned to do a hike which is always better without the rain. 

The day was great, the portion of the Ring of Kerry I saw truly is beautiful.  God's creation is amazing; I have definitely been reminded of that multiple times here in Ireland.  Check out the photos and videos, they're the best way for me to describe the experience.  The hike was great, I got to explore some castle ruins and I have the whole hostel to myself!  It's definitely low season as far as tourism goes.  Currently, I'm sitting in front of a little wood stove and I get to put the wood in myself!  So great!  

No comments:

Post a Comment