Sunday, November 21, 2010

"A little less old"

The past couple of days have been a bit of a whirlwind and I haven't had a chance to sit down and write about them.  I've visited Blarney Castle and kissed the infamous Blarney Stone (felt like I should put hand sanitizer on my mouth afterward).  Photos of that are in the Cork photo album.  I travelled to Killarney, a small town that borders a beautiful national park which I have done a bunch of great hiking in!  Just have a look at the Killarney album, the Gap of Dunloe album and the Torc Mountain album for more details on those.  I met a great Australian girl named Hannah and an equally great German girl named Monika who I hiked with today.  And randomly, I re-met the Canadian guy (Sean) I initially met in Cork.  Small world hey?  I saw him at the check in desk and was like, "Hey, haven't I met you before?"  It was fun to catch up on his recent adventures and then we went to the pub for some supper and moved onto a different pub to listen to some traditional Irish music.  I tried something called a hot whiskey which I think is whiskey mixed with hot water, cloves and lemon.  Not as bad as straight whiskey but probably still not my drink of choice; I'll stick to water.  :) At the last pub, we ran into three German ladies who are also staying at our hostel.  It was so great to watch as an older Irish gentleman tried to woo one of them to take a spin on the dance floor with him.  After they had all rebuffed him (poor Paddy, that's what I imagine his name to be), he left and then they got up and danced with each other!  Obviously, he just wasn't what they were looking for.  One of the ladies said to me in slightly broken english, "I think I might be needing one who is a little less old." 

No comments:

Post a Comment